If you have a business that depends on your geographic location in order to succeed, then it is vitally important that you work on your local SEO. That being said, it is not always easy to know where to start or how to go about building top quality local search engine optimization. That’s why it’s a good idea to use tools like these to help you out along the way.
1. Bright Local – Bright local has a number of different tools available that make local SEO much easier for business owners of all stripes. From local SEO audits to review tracking and Google+ optimization, there is plenty of use at this website. In fact, they have seven high quality tools that can be used for reasonable monthly rates depending on the level of service you’re looking for. If used properly, they are incredibly powerful tools and well worth the price to get higher rankings.
2. Whitespark – Whitespark has a number of tools as well, but there are certain areas where they really shine. Perhaps the most useful of all of their applications is the local citation finder, which searches out websites that will give you the best local SEO for your NAP citations. The Link Prospecter app is also invaluable for finding places to get good backlinks to help boost your ranking.
3. MozLocal – Formally GetListed, MozLocal is one of the top sites for checking the authority of citation listings. You want to get on the most authoritative sites possible, so using this tool will help you know who you should target and what places on the Internet are going to give you the most bang for your citation, so to speak.
The biggest problem with MozLocal, and with many such tools, is that you are left to do the work for yourself rather than just running your business. That’s why it’s often a good idea to hire a high quality SEO company to do your local citations and similar tasks for you, freeing up time to help make your business grow.
4. Synup – Synup has a number of services available, but perhaps the best one is the review finder. With this it’s easy to keep an eye on reviews made about your business so that you can react to them immediately and prevent them from becoming the top results for your company.
5. N.A.P. Hunter Lite – This isn’t a web-based tool like the rest of them. It is instead a Chrome extension that makes manually searching for your business’s name, address, and phone number much easier. It searches for various combinations and variations on your NAP and creates a .csv file to help you determine how to improve the quality of those citations.
There are a number of other tools available, but just using these ones will get you a whole lot further up the local search result ladder and help you most effectively market your business online.